Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Days go by and the Boss cooks dinner

Time flies when you're ~ (fill in the blank).

It's that crisp fall-like air that puts me in the mood to bake, and since it's too early for fruitcake it's time to get out the pumpkin loaf mix. This mix is so perfectly spiced - very mellow but flavorful and nicely moist. We add chopped pecans when we bake it.

It's a bit spendy at ~ $6/box but makes 2 loafs. I got it at Walmart.

Also on the cooking front, Ed tried his hand at a couple of new recipes he saw that peaked his interest; a Spinach Chicken Casserole with Sundried Tomatoes, Cream Cheese and Mozzarella, and Garlic Parmesan Sweet Potatoes as the side. He didn't need any significant help, other than where certain spices were or where to find the baking pans. It all baked @ 400° for around 30 minutes or so.  Wow! So delicious, and such a treat to try something new. It's definitely going into the rotation.

He used chicken breast cutlets and made a half recipe.

Here's a link to the Chicken recipe if you want to give it a shot - so yummy! 👏😋 (Of course, their picture of the finished dish is picture perfect, haha).

Spinach Chicken Casserole (site is eatwell101.com)

We got the pontoon boat splashed and the Boss has made a few rounds on it. Our lake is only 9 acres but still a fun paddle and can be strenuous.

Pontoon boat ready to go

Heading upwind for the exercise, then an easy paddle back.


I've been playing around with my wire wrapping jewelry this week. All summer I was without my supplies, so I was excited to try my hand at it again. Here are a couple of pendants I made - I'm happy with them!

Ruby Zoisite with Jade beads on the left,
and a Rhodochrosite with Copper beads.

Amazonite on the left with Copper & Jade beads
and on the right Rainbow Sea Sediment Jasper & Copper beads.

A couple of days ago, my friend Liz up in Rustic sent me a message announcing the first snowfall of the year. She was nice enough to send a few pics too, plus one from our Reolink camera.



Brrr, prettier on the earlier shot with a bit of sunlight on it, more foreboding later in the day.  I guess a lot of folks are getting some of the white stuff this week, part and parcel with the season.

Well, one last shot to close out this post - a hearty smoked sausage, cabbage and veggie stew. Perfect with some broiled garlic/herb toast.

We love these stews, and they made for an easy meal.

Thanks for dropping by, and be sure to check back in a while.










9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! Yes, our temps are in the 80's right now, pretty pleasant. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those meals look great and the jewellery is very pretty.
    Enjoy these warm days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patsy, enjoy Mx today and the great southwest this winter.

      Delete
  3. That jewelry looks awesome! I am always impressed with people who can make jewelry and do such fine things with their hands. I can't help but wonder if there are any fish in your pond?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The jewelry making is fun and addicting. We do have fish in our lake, not only grass carp to keep the algae down but also bass I believe.

      Delete
  4. I'm amazed at your talent. Those jewellery pieces must have been difficult to make. They look like they came from a store! Kudos for the food creation goes this time to Ed. Didn't know he would attempt to cook and it looks appetizing. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is fun! Yep, he did a great job both picking out the recipe and executing it. I'm generally quite territorial about MY kitchen, haha.

      Delete
  5. Wow! Your recipes look delicious! I'm impressed with your jewelry. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I get stuck cooking the same dishes over and over - the new recipes made for a nice change.

      Delete