Monday, July 3, 2023

Long overdue & wrap-up post

This post should have been written about 10 days ago but somehow I never got around to it. In between pulling weeds, working with food to not only use up or give to my neighbors, but also to freeze for our trip out west, plus the normal daily chores, I got really busy working on trivets. It was so much fun. I had to sew quite a few "tubies" with the new fabrics I bought, so that I would have a good stockpile to choose from while out at Rocky. I also got creative and gen'ed-up some trivets to add to my collection.  One of my neighbors wanted to buy a few to give as unique gifts, yay! So, in addition to the 19(!) I already had "in stock", I made 4 more and enjoyed the process very much.  Here are the new ones.





 The crepe myrtles were in full bloom and boy, are they showy. When it's a good year they are bursting with blooms, and it sure seems like a good year.

And this is one in a shopping center parking lot,
you know it's not getting a lot of love.

On the cooking front I baked a banana bread to have something sweet to go along with our evening hot tea, and froze half of it to take with us.

Finally, I made pizza using the store-bought dough I had in the freezer, so easy and so good!

Before baking, and it's enough for dinner for 2 and lunch for 2.

Thanks for reading along, that's all I've got for you, but the next post will be from Colorado.

6 comments:

  1. Those crepe myrtles are beautiful. We don't have them here. I love both banana bread and pizza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so pretty. I saw a huge, really purple crepe myrtle this year too but unfortunately didn't get a shot.

      Delete
  2. That pizza looks delicious! I think I shall see if Barb wants to make pizza's tonight for supper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use that jarred Priana Rossa pesto to add to tomato sauce to give the sauce some yummy oomph. I finally got smart and started using a 10x15" pan instead of a round. More for later.

      Delete
  3. Love all your creations, food and trivets! I'm sure you will be glad to head out from the heat of Florida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and you bet! New post in 1 more day. Where's yours?

      Delete